Let the sun shine in!
I’ve just been nominated for the Sunshine Award by the lovely Zan of Flourishingathome.com!
For the Sunshine Award, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts.
- Answer 11 questions from the nominating blogger.
- Nominate 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers who deserve some recognition and a little ray of sunshine!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Random Facts
1. Although I spent most of my childhood in Nashville, my earliest memories come from when we lived in Montana.
2. I knew about cornrows a *long* time before Bo Derek wore them in the movie, “10”.
3. I did not save any memorabilia from the bicentennial celebration of 1976…
4. My first real job was in a camera shop where I was forced not to work during inventory because the company hired temps for that job…
5. Many years later, I worked as a temp and did inventory jobs.
6. I discovered the deliciousness of Tex-Mex at a small take-out place in Buffalo, NY.
7. I have never been to India, but it is very high on my list of places I want to visit.
8. I managed to graduate high school without taking chemistry.
9. I was not an athlete as a youngster, but now I really enjoy competing against myself in walking races.
10. I used to take my dates to Chinese restaurants to see how they reacted when I ordered Szechuan dishes. When the man who is now my husband not only ordered Kung Pao chicken, but also ate the peppers and didn’t bat an eye, I knew I had met my match.
11. My college art teacher told me I had no talent.
11 Questions to Answer
1. What is your favorite relaxing technique?
Listening to quiet music.
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Pie. Most varieties.
3. How old is your oldest child, if you have any?
No kids. Our oldest cat is 12.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Asking for good lighting at a gig and then getting put in a dark corner… just because you can see in semi-darkness does not mean I can see well enough to DRAW in those conditions… getting riled up just thinking about it… it happens more than you would think which I why I travel with a lamp…
5. Where were you born?
6. Have you ever traveled outside of the country?
Yes. China, England, Italy, Australia, France (just Paris), Germany, South Korea
7. How many books do you typically read in a year?
12 – 15
8. What is your favorite genre of movies?
Kid’s… I love me those Disney films!
9. What is your favorite breakfast?
10. Do you make your own laundry soap?
11. If you had a choice between ice-cream and chocolate, which one would you choose?
Do I HAVE to choose? Ice cream.
And here is where I am supposed to nominate 11 other blogs.
But I have a problem here. I can’t think of 11 other blogs that weren’t aready either nominated for this award or recently nominated for another award. And some blogs have a No Awards policy… so I’m going to take the cue from Little Miss SCB and do what she did when nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award: she invited readers to come up with their own nominations! Brilliant!
So, I’d like to invite anyone who is interested in the Sunshine Award, to tag yourself and post a link of your blog in the comments section below. Or, if you want to bring attention to someone else’s blog, feel free to post that link, too!
Thanks again to Zan from flourishingathome. Her blog focuses on “all things homemaking” from her delightful perspective as a Mom, craft diva, recipe sharer and child of God. Check out her blog when you have the chance!