I love the concept of Physician’s Formula cosmetics. They have innovative ideas and clever packaging. I keep wanting to like them. The BB Powder was a big disappointment. Do the lippies work better?
The first lippie I tried was the Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Glossy Stain
Physician’s Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Glossy Stain — cute high heel charm!
The website claims:
- Irresistable Sexy Color & Shine.
- Innovative gloss+stain hybrid formula delivers richly pigmented color in an intensly glossy finish combined with our Sexy Boost Blend for the ultimate pout-enhancing effect. The result is full, voluptuous, SEXY lips!
- Seductive scent and delectable flavor makes it irresistable to apply!
- Kiss-Proof Performance: High-impact color takes long-wear to a sexy new level, lasts up to 12 hours (tested under controlled conditions).
- Sexy Boosting Formula: infused with the scent of warm vanilla, “afterglow” illumination and pheromone-mimicking ingredients including clinically tested Androstadienone, Cocoa Extract (aka “the Love Chemical”) and ancient aphrodisiac Horny Goatweed to enhance your sexy side.
Ingredients: Water, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Alcohol Denat., Octyldodecanol, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sucrose Cocoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, Fragrance, Androstadienone, Epimedium Sagittatum Extract, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Pregnadienol, Thedoroma Cacoa (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, BHT, Citric Acid, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 33, Red 40, Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 5, Blue
My take: This smells nice, glides on smoothly and lasts a long time (but not through a big enchilada dinner). Do I feel more sexy? Not really. Sassy, perhaps. It’s a bright color — and I’m shy about wearing bright colors on my lips. Hubby likes it, but I feel self-conscious. I’ll only wear this when I’m feeling very brave.
I bought the second lippie on my way to Palm Springs as an impulse purchase at a Rite Aid Pharmacy near Temecula. I figured it was less fattening than chips.
pH Matchmaker Powered Lip Gloss
It’s pink…with shimmers… and boasts that it will adjust to my pH to create my perfect lip color…
Check it out! It lights up and has a little mirror on the side of the tube!
The website claims:
- Makeup Powered by You!
- 1st Ever Lip Gloss with pH Power Complex transforms into your perfectly personalized hue.
- Fluorescein Based Dye-senses the pH level of your skin & adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect lip color.
- Photochronic Powders-light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors & outside.
- Look your Best in Every Light!
- LED-powered compact lights up and features a full-size mirror for touch-ups anywhere & everywhere!
Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, BHT, Citric Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Red 6 Lake, Red 27, Red 7 Lake.
pH Powered Lip Gloss on left; Sexy Glow on right
As you can see from the swatch, the lip gloss goes on sheer and pink while the Sexy Glow Glossy Stain goes on opaque.
The gloss goes from sheer to bright pink on me.
My take: I LOVE the package!! It makes me all geeky happy to see the little light. The mirror is actually useful — even if the light is not. This goes on very sheer, but turns bright pink on me within 3 minutes. Once the glossy part wears off, the lips remain stained for hours and hours — even through big enchilada dinners. I am not convinced this is my “perfect” shade, but it is pretty for spring and I feel less self-conscious in bright pink than I do in bright red. So I will wear this when I wear bright clothing.
These are nice formulas with clever ideas. I wish they came in more shades, but for the price, they’re fun and definitely push me out of my color comfort zone.