Onyx Friday: an alternative to the insanity of Black Friday
Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Starts at 8am (PST)!
Get your holiday shopping done AND support real artisans
So, eat, drink, be merry and have more pie on Thanksgiving. And in the morning, enjoy one of the best online sales events ever!
1. Log in to Facebook on the morning of the sale.
2. Go to the “Onxy Friday” event page.
3. Browse through all the goodies for sale
4. Want something? Click the link next to the item, and you will be directed straight to that seller’s website where you can purchase the item.Easy peasy.
See you there!
AND ON SATURDAY…
What is Small Business Saturday®?
Small Business Saturday is a day for everyone — from the business owners who create jobs to the customers who buy locally — to support small businesses that invigorate the economy and keep communities thriving.
It began in 2010 when American Express founded Small Business Saturday to help small businesses get more exposure during one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year. Last year, over 100 million people came out to shop at independently-owned small businesses on the day. Now, in its third year, Small Business Saturday will be even bigger. American Express is offering free and easy-to-use tools to help small businesses get the most out of the day and tools for consumers to show their support.
- Check out your local farmers’ market. They’re not just about locally-grown fresh produce, but also include small crafters and skincare products. If you are in the San Diego area, Skinfolk is a fabulous small business in San Diego that sells most of their products at the Hillcrest Farmer’s Market (Normal St DMV parking lot), *Every OTHER Sunday 9-2. OK, so that’s a Sunday, but you get the idea!
- Pamper yourself at a local spa for with facial, massage or deep relaxation therapy. In San Diego, I love Envision Personalized Health in Mission Valley, Spa 33 in El Cajon, and the wonderful Korean day spa in Kearney Mesa, Aqua Day Spa.
- Try a local bakery, such as the Grove Bakery in Lemon Grove, or the small pizzeria down the block. Or that little taco stand.
Need help finding local businesses in your community? You can start here.
Who are the great local businesses you like to support — on Saturday, or any day?